1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
We started this project in september 2012 as just an idea to do some ambient. Both of us have black metal bands and other activities, but we considered making something darker and more "free" than black metal, because in ambient everything is possible.
We made our first track called "Last Equinox" and it was a good beginning, so we continued with making other songs and having some rehearsals.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Occult Dark Ambient/Noise.
3. I know that the band name and songs cover alot of Crowley and Thelema themes, can you tell us a little bit about your interests in these areas and also do you have an interest in any other forms of Occultism?
The first book what I have read was Satanic Bible from LaVey, I think LaVey has great ideas in some ways, but still it's very focused on Christianity and without it a half of the Satanic Bible would have no meaning. I like and I try to live with idea "Do What Thou Wilt"
and also in our music you can hear this Law. My parts are done through this idea. Everything is made as I will it. With this worldview I am happier and life is for me more easier.
4. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We had only one show till now in the capital of Slovakia. It was our first experience to peform in different way. The performance is audiovisual, so we also have to focus on the visual part (making a ritual during the performance) and not only on the music.
And it is not a problem, because one of us makes the visual part and screams and the other one makes sounds, noises, samples.
5. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Yes, to make some weird shows and to scare people throughout Slovakia and other countries.
6. Recently Depressive Illusions put out your new album, what are your thoughts on the final product?
Actually we consider "Alchymical only a EP, although it's 47 minutes long. We are satisfied with the work of Depressive Illusions.
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of dark ambient and occult music?
In Slovakia, we haven't got to the big scene, but there are more shows coming.
After our first live performance we had only positive feedbacks and people enjoyed it. Some had to leave the room, because they were scared or perhaps disgusted with the visual prformance.
Also I was suprised with the fact that people made many video records from our show so I'm satisfied.
8. What is going on with the black metal projects these days?
I play the guitar in band called Surt and now we are finishing our first full length. The other member plays in Nevaloth, who are recording a new album by now, and also in Abbey ov Thelema, which will release a new album by the end of April.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
We don't want to stay at dark ambient at all, we will try to put there some drone stuff and to make an experiment with ambient black metal.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
The main influence was from Burzum, Wongraven and Neptune Towers, but nowadays its Wardruna, Gravetemple and Phragments.
Thats for ambient. Im a huge fan of oldschool black metal, so mainly I listen to Darkthrone, Burzum, Satyricon, Taake, Nargaroth...and also I really like the Czech scene of black metal. The best ones from Czech republic are for me Sekhmet, Bloody Lair, Sezarbil and Trautenauer 666.
11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Nearly every weekend I'm on ice and playing ice hockey. Further I like philosophy and history (from philosophy besides Thelema it's Nietzsche, Schopenhauer and Hobbes and from history the stuff about paganism and religions)
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
We will continue with sharing our main idea and spreading our philosophy and please don't be a part of the crowd, be yourself, be an individualist. It will open your eyes from the blind faith.
Don't wait and live here and now!
These questions were answered by A (samples, noises)
Here you can see us performing live : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VO72IwSYWzA