Kaël Satan is the first ever vegan dungeon synth project.
2. Recently you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
The EP was written across a weekend of forest dwelling and become one with the evil of nature. I listened to a lot of Old Tower and Old Sorcery during the recording process and that is echoed in the style.
3. You refer to your musical style as being 'raw depressive, suicidal dungeon synth, can you tell us a little bit more about this term?
This particular style of dungeon synth is supposed to evoke feelings of utter despair in the listener. The harrowing death barks on “A Lament for the Forgotten Wilderness” are used to describe the feeling of loss one feels when wandering a forest at night. At first I thought getting Boson on board was going to be impossible, but I was thrilled to have eventually harnessed the blackened bark of Dogstroyer.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Kael Satan'?
That information is classified.
5. Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?
The EP cover is a photo of the Dungeonfest performance. The orange of the keyboard is meant to be the main colour so it is clear on the focus.
6. What are some of the best shows that you have played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Dungeonfest 2019 was without a doubt the best show I’ve ever played. A Kaël Satan stage show is a horrifying onslaught of raw emotion that grips the audience and doesn’t let up until all happiness has been destroyed.
7. Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
I’m very much looking forward to a show we’re playing in Norway in August on a Viking burial ground. A live recording will be made at this festival.
8. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
I fear our music is too controversial for a label.
9. On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of dungeon synth?
We had a great following in Brazil around the launch of the ‘Live at Dungeonfest’ EP and we hope to improve on that to regions such as the Andes mountains and Northern Antarctica.
10. When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I would never become a musician. I find their style to be too preachy and I don’t agree with their views.
11. Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
I’m currently working on an exciting project that will be recorded entirely within tunnels. There are many tunnels nearby and I don’t believe enough music has been recorded within them.
12. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and
also what are you listening to nowadays?
Kaël Satan’s music is heavily influenced by Xynfonica and Hypnotica.
13. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
I don’t believe that Satan has a place within Kaël Satan’s music.
14. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Varg did nothing wrong.