This is a review of a compilation called "Endless Descent Into oblivion" which was released by Kalpamantra and consists mostly of dark ambient and drone bands and we will review each song one by one.
1. Skorneg and Terra Sandra team up on "Nadir" a 9 minute track that starts out with some dark ambient drones and it starts to build up after awhile as well as getting more loud, organic and atmospheric.
2. Caul brings us "Dust Are Her Beauties" which is more of and atmospheric and experimental dark ambient track which brings in a mixture of synths and acoustic guitars.
3. Phelios brings us "LV-426" a 11 minute track that is in more of an experimental, avant garde, dark ambient direction as well as bringing in a great amount of field recordings.
4.False Mirror brings us "Lichtgestalt" an atmospheric dark ambient track that is all instrumental and done by synths that bring in a variety of many different sounding keys.
5. Skorneg brings "Under the Sand" a very dark and evil sounding ambient track that brings in a great amount of atmosphere and drones as well as an occult feeling.
6. Abandoned Asylum brings us "In The Ruins Of Shattered Dreams" a very dark sounding ambient track that uses a great amount of atmospheric drones.
7. Plague Machinery brings us "Irrational" a song that uses a variety of many different sounding dark ambient drones along with some spoken word samples and melodic chanting/singing vocals.
8. The Vomit Arsonist brings us "Failed" a song that combines dark ambient with harsh soundign industrial growls and screams
9. Hall Of Mirrors brings us "Still Waiting" a very dark and avant garde sounding ambient track that also brings in some field recordings and spoken word samples.
10. Caul & Terra Sancta brings us "The Passing Light" a 7 minute track that combines dark ambient with field recordings.
11. Phragments brings us "Ritual Of UnBeing" a long 9 minute epic dark ambient track that also has a very medieval atmosphere.
12. Somnium brings us "Defixiones III (Excrucio)' a 9 minute track that mixes atmospheric and dark ambient with ritualistic occult music as well as adding in whispered chants and ethnic musical instruments as well as some melodic vocals as the song progresses.
13. Inner Vision Laboratory & R\A\A\A\N brings us "Beyond Erratic Suns" a 12 minute track that brings in a great amount of drones and atmospheric sounding ambient sytnths which also bring in a variety of many different sounding keys and after awhile the song gets more experimental and adds in elements of noise along with some distorted spoken word samples.
14. Collapser brings us "The Black Fortress" a song that is a dark ambient track that also evokes an occult atmosphere.
15. Aderlating brings us "The Silver Domain" a dark ambient track t hat also brings in a great amount of programmed beats and spoken word samples.
16. Isolator brings us "Paralyzed In The Will Of God" a song that brings in guitars and is in more of an instrumental drone.doom metal direction as well as being over 9 minutes in length as well as a small amount of black metal vocals.
17.Theologian brings us "Piss And Jism" a song that combines atmospheric and dark ambient with noise and experimental sounds.
18. Teeth Engraved brings us "The Red List" a 1 minute dark ambient track that brings in a good amount of drone sounds and field recordings along with some synths and after awhile elements of harsh noise are added into the track.
19. Of Earth And Son brings us "Coil Of Fire" a 7 minute atmospheric track that is in an ambient direction while also bringing in elements of ethnic music which also gives the track more of a ritualistic feeling.
20. Ascetic hedonism brings us "Oblivion's Liturgy II" a very dark sounding ambient track that brings in atmospheric drones on the synths along with some martial programmed beats.
21. Yen Pox & Funerary Call brings us "Birth Lurker" a 14 minute track that combines dark ambient with ritualistic sounds and drones as well as a great amount of atmosphere and as the song progresses elements of experimental music and noise are added into the track along with some soundscapes.
22. Anhedonia brings us "This Vile Flesh" a song that mixes dark ambient with industrial along with some evil sounding vocals that border on black metal.
23. Pale Thorns brings us "Restricted Area" which is more of an experimental drone track that also brings in elements of avant garde and noise music while also still being very atmospheric at the same time and after awhile the song starts adding in programmed beats and electric guitars.
24. Jarl brings us "The Great Moloch" a 12 minute ambient drone track that is also all instrumental and brings in a great amount of soundscapes.
25. Strom.ec & Shock Frontier brings us "Oscillating Apparition" a song that combines experimental, ambient, electronic music and field recordings together as well a s beign over 7 minutes in length.
26. Steel Hook Prostheses brings us "Maggotry And The Sepulcher Of Flies" a very dark and experimental sounding ambient/drone track t hat also brings in the sound s of field recordings.
27. Hysiphrone brings us "Melanosis" a 7 minute ambient track that is also very experimental, and avant garde as well as adding in some spoken word samples.
28. Gnawed & The Vomit Arsonist brings us "Razornail" a very dark sounding ambient track that brings in a great amount of drones and distorted parts along with some aggressive screams that also bring in elements of industrial.
29. Theologian & Of Earth And Sun brings us "To Wrest the Soul From Its Furnace" a 10 minute dark ambient track.
30. Megaptera brings us "Second Recovery (Murderous Vision Remix)' an 8 minute track tha t combines dark ambient with experimental and industrial and after a couple of minutes sampled vocals are added into the track
31. T.O.M.B, Bride 7 Skullskyr brings us "Tragical" a very dark sounding song with a lot of drones and soundscapes and you can also hear some black metal and noise elements in the track.
32. Sewer Goddess brings us "Cheyne Stokes Hymn" a very dark sounding song that combines ambient and industrial together along with some vocals, guitars and spoken word parts and after a couple of minutes elements of noise are added into the track.
33. Gnawed brings us "Throne of Severance" a song that mixes drones in with elements of harsh noise and ambient as well a s being over 6 minutes and after a couple of minutes distorted industrial style screams are added into the music.
34. Shock Frontier brings us "Visceral Paranoia" a song that mixes drones in with dark ambient and soundscapes and after a couple of minutes aggressive vocals find their way into the track.
35. Linekraft brings us "Emancipated Treatment" a very atmospheric sounding song that also brings in a good amount of harsh noise elements and after a couple of minutes coxals and spoken word samples are added into the music.
36. United Front & The Vomit Arsonist brings us "Anthem" a 7 minute track that is mostly clean singing vocals and spoken word parts along with some sounds of war and after a couple of minutes the music goes more into an industrial noise direction along with some aggressive vocals.
37. Sektor 304 & Deathstench brings us "A Plague Of Blind Eyes" a very experimental sounding drone track that also brings in spoken vocals and after awhile heavy guitars are added into the track.
38. Xiphoid Dementia brings us "Guilt Cremation" a very experimental soundign song that mixes drone and dark ambient together.
39. T.O.M.B brings us "Purge" a track t ha t is in more of a harsh noise direction.
In conclusion I feel this is a very great sounding split and I would recommend it to all fans of ambient, drone and noise. 8 out of 10.