1. the DIONISYAN, a chiaroscuro of my spiritual soul, of my artistic creativity always changing, I dedicate myself totally to the writing both the music and lyrics, faces introspection Being and the Redemptive Catharsis of which I have dealt with all the compositions, arrangements, lyrics, vocal melodies and musical transcriptions for every instrument I played in the recording studio for the creation of the first album of Dionisyan (rhythm guitars 7 strings, classical guitar, lute, bass 5 strings, drums, keyboard and male voice Gregorian). On January 7, 2015 he released the first concept album of my new musical project DIONISYAN for the Italian label Beyond Productions / Masterpiece that I think is one of the few Italian Labels series that works well at the international level and will do a decent job for the promotion, distribution to disclose the Album in the World
2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the demo you have released in 2012?
2. The Sound of the final Dionisyan that I got in the recording studio, the amalgam symphonic doom metal / progressive death metal, with elements of gothic, atmospheric, funeral, heavy and epic metal, which give a touch of originality to my musical proposal, amalgamating with Baroque classical music and traditional Arab music. Basically the first album "The Mystery of Faith" is different from the first EP "Land of Dreams" in 2012 for many factors. Ep "Land of Dreams" songs are chiaramentediverse compared Album. Meanwhile the kind proposed was atmospheric doom / melodic death metal despite having a massive dose of power, melody and gloomy arrangements. Instead I wanted to create a Music Album sulphurous a thousand dimensions. Gothic atmospheres and melancholic. A complex between Metal, Classical Music Baroque and Progressive Metal with the intention of making music from deep feelings, full of pathos, dark emotions and melancholic, mix in complex arrangements leaden, very different from anything that I composed, created and arranged with the Ep
3.This musical project has been around since 2010 but so far has only released one demo and a full length, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap between releases?
3. At year-end 2012 to early 2014 I dedicated myself to all the compositions, orchestrations, arrangements and lyrics that are the result of my academic studies of classical music, in particular for the German and Italian Baroque style, from the end of 17 'century until the middle of the 18 'century, blended to metal music, in particular from doom metal to a large part of its sottogeneri.Sicuramente "THE MYSTERY oF FAITH" is a Piece of Music avantgarde very elaborate and attention to detail, leaving no nothing to chance. I also dealt with all the lyrics, vocal melodies and musical transcriptions for every instrument I played in the recording studio for the realization of the first concept album dedicate myself totally to the writing both the music and the lyrics. ! The voices growl is my faithful collaborator for 6 years Ignazio Conticello who sang over the first album "THE MYSTERY OF FAITH" the first EP of Dionisyan of 2012 "LAND OF DREAMS", also on the first Ep of 2011 and the first album coming out in 2015 and the last of the Leper Divine Ep of 2010 of Sortilegium.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
4. I wrote a concept divided into eight parts as the songs that are part of the Album. I conceived, imagined and wrote a fantasy concept, divided into hued epic poems, romantic and introspective, speaking in key Poetics of love, psychology, philosophy, existentialism, religion and so on, directly in English, in song form in rhymed verses . A love story transcendental and contemplative, between the Angel of Redemption, called Nathaniel and Fallen angel of lust by definition, that Lilith.
5.I know the name 'Dionisyan' comes out of both Greek and Roman religion, how does the name fir in with the musical style that bring onto your recordings?
5. Everything comes to the case because living in Sicily, especially in the area of Ancient Greece, I also wanted to give an impression of my Mediterranean Culture. Since the Concept Album is set in Sicily in the fourth century, during the Greek colonization, I wrote poems that cathartic ricolelgavano to those of the Greek poets of that era.
6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
6. My choice was to remain that Dionisyan my solo project, but in the studio I invited some of my academic colleagues to take part in the recordings of classical instruments recorded in the Album "THE MYSTERY OF FAITH" in Gregorian female voice, harp, violins, violas, cello and harpsichord.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of doom metal?
7. A level World am having some interest in my musical proposal made with DIONISYAN and day by day many lovers of Doom metal and its substyles become fan of dionisyan, appreciating think mainly my avant-garde musical proposal to have renewed a new genre music and the very fact of amalgamating Baroque Classical Music, Progressive Metal, Traditional Arab Music and various metal styles including primarily the Doom Metal.
Certainly the first official videoclip made to publicize the World Dionisyan think has played an important and dominant to let us know everywhere.
8.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that both of the band members are a part off?
8. This year will be released again for the Beyond production / Masterpiece distribuition the first album of my other new musical project, the LEPER DIVINE, which will execute and play it will record electric guitars rhythmic solos, bass and drums and Ignazio Conticello will be the voice growl !
With LEPER DIVINE propose an innovative progressive / technical brutal death metal with elements of jazz and classical music. Already there is an asset the first EP in 2011 titled 2 Contagion ".
9.Where do you see this project heading into musically during the future?
9. I'm already working on the second concept album of DIONISYAN. For sure it will be much more 'complex musically regarding the compositions, arrangements and orchestrations from the first album "THE MYSTERY OF FAITH" that already anyway presents his musical innovation at the forefront for the contrasts of genres that I mixed between them, but in the second album I'll move to other genres of music not to fossilize the DIONISYAN only to what I've done so far and go beyond the boundaries with other musical styles to get ahead in my evolutionary path as Composer, multi-instrumentalist and Teacher Music.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Actually, I have no real influence by other composers and musicians, but my love for the music and the typical compositions of the Baroque Classical Music, with its Massimi exponents who have opened the roads to the entire Music contemporary, see among all; Johan Sebastian Bach, Antonio Vivaldi, Arcangelo Corelli, Telemann and Philippe George Frederich Handel compositionally they gave me the right reflection to create compositions never ends in themselves, always evolving, in what concerns the techniques of polyphony contrapuntal that hovers over any songs that is part of the Album. From the first to the last note of the whole album, there is a continuous logical thread made of stairs in Hungarian scope of polyrhythm polyphonic contrapuntal, with harmonic major and minor and chromatic scales tonal and tonal harmonies on various degrees of ascending and descending octaves, that make a band Dionisyan Original and differentiable for his musical and technical baggage for its Sound captivating, dark, powerful, melodic, sweetly sad and melancholy, in all its variants.
Certainly I think the immediacy of Melody, listening of every note harmonized games much on finding a particular music, that will involve any listener who wants to get closer to hear something they can identify with. I think that can happen in Dionisyan everything.
11.How would you describe your views on Occultism?
11. I studied witchcraft, magic, paganism, the book of spells and occultism especially at its highest dawn in the Middle Ages, 400 years of succession of stories and legends that have left their mark on all those who nowadays seek answers delel in-depth astounded they do to try to find answers for centuries leave the time they find .. L 'occultism has since its a special mystique that has always fascinated me and that at the time of my musical project SORTILEGIUM wrote the lyrics dedicating their to the issues mentioned above.