Friday, June 12, 2015

Temple Of Gnosis Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

The best and most comprehensive way to present it is to use the introduction that stands on the official channels:

“Temple Of Gnosis is dark doom metal project founded in early 2015 by a person under the pseudonym H.M.T. If it is necessary to describe the music of this project with words and classify it in the subcategories of the genre, it could be said that the Temple of Gnosis are specifically playing "alchemical, occult death / doom metal". The concept is inspired by the Western esoteric tradition, especially the alchemical process of Enlightenment and within that, the first stage of the alchemical work called "deconstruction." Philosophically, this is the first process of transformation of mind and spirit, and it consists of catharsis (discharge and purification) and the destruction of the original structure in order for the new one to be built upon its ashes.

2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Although it’s impossible to describe in words something which can only be felt by your own senses, I can briefly say that on this release you can find a combination of dark ambient, sludge riffs and "growl" vocals, all supported by symphonic soundscapes, with the goal of creating a frightening and dark but in the same time majestic atmopshere, as if you entered the vast and secret interior of the Earth.

3.The musical project was formed early this year already has an ep out on a label, do you put a lot of time and effort in creating music?

Yes, I worked very hard on this release. Oftentimes I barely slept at night and ate. But I enjoyed every moment.

4.Our lyrics cove amount of Ceremonial Magick, Hermetic, and Alchemy topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the Occult and Esoteric Arts.

I must correct you, there are no references to Ceremonial Magick in the lyrics of Temple Of Gnosis. As for Hermeticism and Alchemy, I was always interested in the areas of esotericism. What especially drew me to Hermetic art of Alchemy was its spiritual and psychological foundation. Those teachings are of utmost value to anyone who wants to reach some higher level of understanding of the world, both profane and esoteric. And you must first understand your own Self.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Temple Of Gnosis'?

The name represents a symbolical “place”, a metaphorical context through which the secret work is done and wisdom is transfered. Through this project I channel my own energy of my own Shadow-self and I introduce the secret symbols to both ignorant and wise eye. This is my own alchemical work and my own ‘temple’..

6.So far you have recorded everything by yourself with this musical project, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

I prefer doing certain things, like creating, myself. Artistic work is the ultimate expression of self, and I think that it’s best to be done individually. It’s the only way for the creation to be powerful and true.

7.According to the Metal Archives page you also run 'Prometheus Art & Design', can you tell us a little bit more about this company?

Prometheus Art & Design is not exactly a company, it’s just a name under which I collect and offer my works in the area of graphic design and multimedia. I’m offering services to artists, webzines, figures, brands, etc. Services include logo & cover designs, digital artwork for online presentations, flyer design, website setting up and design, blog setting up and design and video editing services. Visual aspect is sometimes more important than anything. There are many people who create fantastic stuff but they present them in a visual package you don’t want to touch, because they are not proficient in design or don’t have money to pay for it. So I offer prices acceptable to the ordinary guy who wants his creations to look great but doesn’t have money to pay some burgeoise designers. I was in this position too a few years ago, so I know very good how it is. But then I took time and learned to do it myself.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your ep by fans of extreme, dark and underground music?

I can say that the feedback is fantastic so far, I must admit I didn’t quite expect there would be so much interest in this kind of work, since it’s pretty underground, cryptic and dark. But I guess it’s heavy, archetypal symbolism and uniquely blended sounds that people react to. The music and concept reach to their core selves.

9.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?

Yes, in a few, but nothing big.

10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I hope the full-length will be out before the end of this year. I constantly advance and evolve as a musician, there’s a constant flow and I honestly never know in what direction I will go.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

There are no some special bands or albums that influence my music. I can be inspired by a few seconds of some melody I hear on the streets and it converts in my head into some haunting symphony. As for this work, it’s probable that I was subcosciounsly influenced by a constellation of creations in the “dark side”, and even by random details in the sound. I generally listen to all forms of metal (of course, I prefer “darker” side of metal), rock, classical music, ambiental, industrial, soundtrack music, sacred & religious music, and so forth.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for this interview and for the opportunity to speak about some more details of Temple Of Gnosis.

https://www.facebook.com/templeofgnosis/

No comments:

Post a Comment