Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Alba Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. Alba is a dark ambient/neofolk/dungeon synth project, created by me,
 Slavnik, in the middle of 2015. It is my personal way to explore themes like darkness, life, death, mistery, occultism and some others.

2.So far you have released 2 ep's, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
2. In “Ritual”, my first demo, the sound was very raw, because I have recorded it in an analogue way, with no mixing or
 mastering. It fits better with neofolk and dungeon synth. While “Innocence” sounds much better not only in the recording quality, but also in style. It fits more dark ambient style, played with piano and synths, which is maybe my favourite kind of style.

3.What are some of the themes and images you bring out with your musical style?
3.
 As I said in the previous question, the themes Alba brings are death, life, darkness, mistery, nature, occultism, but everything I want I will tell too. Every theme is interpreted in a personal point of view, though.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Alba'?
4. Alba means dawn in italian language.
 I had a very deep and dark period, that changed my life forever in a better way. There was a specific moment in which I realized that it was the dawn of a new day, the dawn of a new life.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
5. Though I prefer working solo because of the personal meaning of Alba,
 I’m always opened in collaborations with new artists.

6.So far you have worked with Depressive Illusions, Wolfrune Worxx and Masked Dead Records, are you happy with the support these labels have given you so far?
6. Every label showed true interest and respect for my project. I had a long collaboration with Depressive Illusions, that also released works of my black metal band. Masked Dead Records brings to me for
 the first time the mini-CD format, which I found really interesting and particular.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of neo-folk and dungeon synth?
 7. I had a very positive feedback by the Dungeon Synth Community. “Innocence” songs both fits in some Dungeon Synth Compilations.

8.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
8. I don’t have a definite goal with my music.
 I just write, record and release my music for myself. It’s my way to express myself.

9.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
9. I have a band called Neve, which means snow in Italian language, that I found in 2016. I’m the singer and keyboardist. We have released a demo (Fragments of A Sad Soul)
 and an EP (Tales from the Unknown) and we are now working on our first full length. Our style run towards atmospheric-post black metal. In the past I also had a space ambient project called Luce (light in English). I released just a full-length, through Depressive
 Illusions Records, in CDs and tapes. The project is closed, but it will be integrate with Alba very soon.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. Lifelover is the band that most influenced me. I also have their logo tattooed on my skin! Depressive Black Metal and Post Black Metal are my favourite
 genres. But I really listen to almost everything. I’m also really influenced by pop music and instrumental music (like obviously dark ambient and dungeon synth). Atmospheric and Epic Black Metal are also in my top list genres, though I listen to every kind
 of metal, and music in general.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. I really show interest toward every kind of music. But I think drone music is a kind of genre that I would never play.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
 I want to give special thanks to all DarkUndergroundMusicZine stuff for letting me do my first interview
 ever! And to everyone that follows and supports Alba: beware yourself! There are a lot of surprises coming up!


No comments:

Post a Comment