Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Empty Chalice Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new album?
I have to be honest: nothing. Everything is always changing in life, and that is the matter. And this is the beauty of life, whatever it happens, it has to goes on. And let it be. I’m on different sides now, not about music.

2.Recently you have released a new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
I think that “Mother Destruction” is a natural prosecution of the album “Emerging is Submerging”, for something about the concept, the imaginary behind the musical concepts, and the themes I’ve decided to face with this opus. Anyway, is a more “mature” album; in this new album is present a continuous stream of ideas and meanings, which are running in complete freedom, with no chains. Is beyond thought, beyond the surface. I’ve directly experience my  innermost self. The sounds is more introspective, is more “quiet”, is more “ambient” I think.

3.What are some of the themes you explore with your music?
I explore nothing at all than the meaning of life; its purpose, the stillness and the power of the consciousness. In my music there is more light than you all can imagine.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Empty Chalice'?
I’m sorry,but is not enough time to reveal the meaning behind the monicker Empty Chalice. Maybe one last S/T album will explain the meaning of this name.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
Is a graphic and artistic elaboration of one of my dreams, by the Italian artist Omega Kunst. Is the start of one of my dream.

6.On the new album you also had a few quests, can you tell us a little bit more about who they are and also their contributions to the recording?
Peter Verwimp is a shaman from Belgium; he’s really active in the European music scene, he have great skills with drones and guitars, and creating ambient and haunting atmospheres with his voice; and he’s a real friend. Kurgan Hors is an individual who lives near me, in the north Italy; he’s really young and at the same moment really able to play many instruments. This one was the first time I’ve decided to involve him for a collaboration; nothing had to be spoken, he has done everything totally free. And this is a miracle, a really positive experience! Thyme and Ryan are individuals from USA; I’ve contacted the couple many months ago just to start something about a collaboration; the first step was a track released on their bandcamp page (called “The Prophet”), and then, we’ve moved forward to improve a track with a text, that I wrote 3 years ago. I’m glad that the voice of Thyme have fulfilled the atmosphere and pathos of the lyrics and the sounds. The sounds is perfect.

7.Have you done any live shows or would be open to them in the future?
I hope to play live again in a near future; I’ve received some invite to play for some small festival, but nothing I can assure at the moment.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of death industrial and dark ambient?
I have to be honest answering to this question too: I don’t know, and, trust me, is not what I care at his best. I’m glad and happy if someone, few persons, will take the album and receive good moments and vibes while listening. With no prejudice, without anything bad in his mind. If everything goes naturally, it will be fine.

9.What is going on with 'Gopota' these days?
Gopota is stopped at the moment; me and Vitaly have not talk since many months ago. I think that he is busy more than me at the moment.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I see only the present.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I like Gregorian chants, or simple ambient music; during the last period (2 months) I’ve continued to listen and listen again Hardangervidda of Ildjarn-Nidhogg, as example. Now I’m listening, daily, the new Darkthrone’s album, “Old Star”; I really needed this album!!!

12.Does Occultism play any role in your music? No

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Support the label, which I really thanks for the production and for the professional attitude and great empathy shared from the beginning till the release of the album. Toten Schwan Records, in the person of Marco Valenti, will continue to reveal real diamonds of the independent music scene. Support who work with passion, as Marco!

https://emptychalice.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment