Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Sound That Ends Creation Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. I started writing material for The Sound That Ends Creation late last year when I was trying to write material for a technical blackend death metal project I had going on at the time. The riffs I kept writing were definitely not fitting that style, and I was starting to get bored with the polished tech death that's been gaining popularity. So I decided to stop trying to confine myself to one kind of style and just go with whatever I came up with. What I came up with was the Sound That Ends Creation. It's basically my adhd mind's attempt at playing all of the genres at once.

2.Recently you have released your first full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. Well other publications have called it technical grindcore, so I guess I'll go with that. But it's really just all of the genres of extreme metal thrown into a woodchipper, then I put the pieces together like it's a jigsaw puzzle.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?
3. I write about a lot of different things. "The Complex" is about depression, "Machinations of Progress" is anti-war, "A Cyclical Dawn" is about the idea that our world has been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times, "Bottom Feeders" is about how crappy we are about protecting the environment. So it's really just a whole host of ideas

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'The Sound That Ends Creation'?

4. Well there isn't a meaning really. It's just an awesome name!

5.With this musical project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare that to working with a full band?

5. I'm not much of a people person. The full bands I've been in just haven't worked out for one reason or another. I've just got a vision for my songs, so doing it all by myself is the best route.

6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

6. Sure I wouldn't mind getting signed at some point. I'm trying to do the whole independent thing right now though.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your album by fans of underground music?
7. Well my family members hate it haha. I haven't gotten any negative feedback outside of that though.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
8. Nope, The Sound That Ends Creation is my only focus right now. I honestly haven't felt as good or as free as I do when I'm working on it.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
9. With this project, nothing is off-limits. I'm going to keep pushing the boundaries of extreme metal, and I'm not quite sure where that will take me. 

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. I decided to start this after hearing The Number 12 Looks Like You, they combine so many elements into their songs and it ended up being something that I've never heard before. Then I started looking into the whole mathcore scene of the mid 2000's and found a lot my influences there. I could go on and on about my influences, so I'll keep it short. See You Next Tuesday, The Red Chord, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Number 12 Looks Like You, and Pig Destroyer are my "core" influences. But I also listen to a lot of sludge/stoner metal, as well as death metal and black metal. I'm also a big fan of the newish blackened sludge bands that are coming out like Wolvhammer.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. Right now I basically live and breathe The Sound That Ends Creation. Well, that and Game of Thrones haha.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Thanks for the interview!

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment