1. Can you tell us little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Akash - Old school death metal. Trying to bring that old school twisted sound of death as best as possible.
Joe – Just a some guy’s with a honest love for the beginning days of death metal.
2. How would you describe your musical sound and how it differs from previous releases?
Akash - Personally, I think our sound has become more refined, both in structure and tightness and overall the riffs are just better.
Joe - We're a pretty death-y doom-y band. Old school death metal-esque of course. From our old releases, oh man, have we changed haha. Compared to, our now hidden 2009 demo, let's just say we can play our instruments a bit better.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Akash - mostly death and religion. the usual, nothing special
Joe – Akash has that department handled
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
Joe - Just something cool sounding, no epic meaning behind it.
Akash - Sounds badass i guess, to me at least
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Akash - The backstage in edison. We were tight, sounded good and just brought a lot of energy.
Joe – Yup that was our most recent show with Gorematory and Mortum. We had been away for sometime after the first release of Suffering of the Holy and the demo had built up a small amount of rotation and when we came to play some new stuff it was just great. Shows before that were really lame. Theres no real old school death metal following in Jersey. I mean, sure you have the guys that listen to Obituary and Morbid Angel and whatnot, but theres a lot of black metal and thrash, more than a old school death following. A lot of casual old school death metallers in jersey, which left us with a few bleak and boring shows.
6. Do you have any plans in the future to do a tour or festival?
Joe- I dont know about that, I think we need more shows under our belt before we do a tour, nevermind a festival.
Akash - hopefully, if all goes well
7. On a worldwide level how has your music been received by death and underground metal fans?
Akash - Pretty well, I’m always happy when people like our music especially people around the world. It’s been described as old school by many and I’m glad to take part in that kind of sound.
Joe - Lots of people downloaded it, lots of positive feedback, lots of people from the 90's giving it some thumbs up. Not too shabby
8. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
Joe - Well Dave Hewson and Ryan Donato have a band thrash band together called Condition Critical, and they currently released a demo and are doing some shows. Ryan is also in a band called Strychnia. But as for me, nothing.
Akash - no side projects for me
9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Akash -I dont see any big genre changes happening any time soon, but who knows?
Joe - We're gonna stay true to our death metal roots. Not gonna go tech-y or anything. If it gets stale, then it gets stale, but we're gonna stick to our guns until then.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Akash - morbid angel, death, obituary, pestilence and a lot of swedish/finnish death metal
Joe – Cancer, Disincarnate, Morta Skuld, Convulse
11. Does Occultism play a role in the music?
Joe - I mean....no haha, but if it makes a good song. We really dont take cult stuff seriously. It's pretty dumb in the year 2011 if your walking around making an effort to say "well, thank SATAN" just to stick it to the man.
Akash - no, I like to keep music about the music.
12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Akash - that's the only productive thing really
Joe - We’re just some bro's. We drink, party, and do some typical 20 year old stuff.
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Thanks for the interview, thanks to FDA REKOTZ for signing us, thanks to our fans and friends for the support and good times. Listen to old school death metal!