Friday, December 27, 2019

Boschivo Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Sure. Boschivo is born from two causes: a communion with magic mushrooms and the desire to play something more structured and listenable, after years of doing abstract noises. Lyrically it deals with spirituality (for lack of a better term), my love for Mother Earth and the mystical wonders of psychedelic drugs.

2.In 2019 you put out 2 releases, musically how do they both differ from each other?
The first release, "Uno squarcio nella fabbrica dell'esistenza", is mainly drone music with shamanic drumming and it's entirely instrumental, while in "Bardo dell'Autodistruzione" I explore a dark folk songwriting (even though the last track is a ritual drone piece).

3.Your lyrics cover Occultism, Alchemy, Magick and Entheogenic themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in those topics?
I've always found the materialist worldview logically flawed, and equally absurd to me is the idea of an external God with human features; being unsatisfied by both the secular and the mainstream religious views, I soon found refuge in the esoteric. In the teenage years and early twenties it has been mostly a confused search in the midst of spiritual pain, but since a few years ago - also thanks to the shrooms I mentioned earlier - it grew in something far greater than my little self, and it's constantly growing. Alchemy, magick, psychedelic experiences, mysticism and philosophy of the East and the West (including the Abrahamic religions as well, when approached from a non-dual perspective), they all point to the same Truth. Everything since the dawn of humanity has pointed to That. We are not what we think we are. Existence is not what we think it is. Find out and be free.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Boschivo'?
"Boschivo" in Italian roughly means "wooded" or "of the woods", but there's also a slight wordplay: "schivo" is a reclused, introverted person.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
It just came naturally in the process of recording the album, the only thing I can consciously say is that it resembles an extremely simplified version of a Buddhist mandala. It's made by Enfaisema, my visual art pseudonym.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
I feel like Boschivo is becoming a creature of its own instead of just my alter-ego, I can definitely see it become a group effort in the future.

7.Have you done any live shows with this musical project or open to the idea?
I haven't done any show but I'll probably do in the near future. There are some technical and social difficulties for me, but one gotta try.

8.You also run 'Aural Tempel', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
It's mainly a container for my various projects and collaborations, I record a lot of stuff so I have to self-release most of the music, plus DIY is always fun. Maybe one day it will become an actual label.

9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of neo-folk, drone and experimental?
I'm mostly unknown, but the few reactions have been good, let's see if it will spread or return to the womb of the Earth where it belongs.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
Regarding Boschivo, I'm currently working on two albums, one of them will be more "pop" and electric, the other is probably going to be based on drones and repetition, while still retaining a song-based form. But creations happen and change a lot by themselves in the process. I also have like a dozen albums ready to be released for Aural Tempel under other names - mostly electroacoustic, drone and noise stuff.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Current 93 and Coil are definitely an influence, both musically and thematically. I can't say I'm really consciously influenced by anyone else. Lately I've been mostly listening to Terry Riley, Lingua Ignota, Earth, Kim Gordon, Albireon and Testing Vault.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
I'm obsessed by everything concerning the nature of reality beyond the illusion of separation, as it's probably evident by now. Apart from that I don't have many interests, I like to paint, to draw and to walk in the woods.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Many thanks for this interview.

https://www.facebook.com/auraltempel/

No comments:

Post a Comment