Friday, September 25, 2020

God Pussy Interview

 


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?


Hi! My name is Jhones, I have been working with God Pussy since the end of 2008. Focusing on alerting the evils of society and the greed of the powerful and their tactics to exterminate minorities and those who bother them. God Pussy no nothing more than this, it is an awareness tool and spokesperson for the underprivileged.


2.You have also released a good amount of music since 2009, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical progress you have made over the years?


Since the beginning (late 2008 and early 2009), several experiments and tests were created, very important to shape and transform something more pure and dynamic as it is today, learning more and more to drive and configure countless forms of noise. I've gone through phases of collages of noises, recordings of fields (more crude and sounds of machinery).... Increasingly trying to improve and bring dissonance to the listener.


3.You also have a background in the anarcho punk and straightedge scene, how would you compare the harsh noise scene to those different genres?


I would not say experience of the scene, I am only listener and I have my conscience directed to the freedom of people, we have to be free, and avoid mass exploitation. Maybe that's why I identify with “anarchism”, about sXe, I identify with structure and “non-drugs”, but people are free to use any substance you want, we are in this life in passing, no rules said! Want to escape from reality, feel free.


Anarcopunk, Grindcore, RAP ... I listen since I was a child, created forms and concepts in my life. The best school of life is on the streets is survival, the sounds are a soundtrack that can alert you about people wanting to fuck you all the time. I hear from grindcore to root samba, going through rap that is the people's music. If the subject is to raise awareness and we direct the information that we do not learn in schools, it will be a pleasant sound... Away from all the musical concept that makes for fame and money. A big great fuck for commercial music!


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'God Pussy'?


God Pusy it means “God Pussy”, it's a noise project, not much to say, I let my albums speak for it.


5.You also put out a few releases, do you spend a great amount of your time writing and creating music?


I record everything at home (but I have a life too haha), whenever I can, I record the noise and keep it stored. When invitation to Split arises, I am available, so I have no way of controlling the number of releases in partnership ... More with my solo works, I release a maximum of six solo albums a year, I could release more, but I think six albums a year is great registration number.


Each album has a concept on a certain subject, so there will always be new albums, even if people live in their friendship cubicles, my work is registered and there are always limited physical copies, so this indicates that sometime there will be someone listening disc that I recorded.


6.What are some of the best shows that you have played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?


I live the moment! always very spontaneous, I'm working on the noise! I do it for pleasure and a lot of love, I have no artistic performance is to connect the equipment and let it flow.


I can recommend you to listen "Never Mind - Here's The God Pussy _ 10 Years Of Harsh Noise" are excerpts from concerts between 2011 to 2018: https://godpussy.bandcamp.com/album/never-mind-heres-the-god-pussy-10-years-of-harsh-noise


I've been doing some shows, I still think the number of events I play is small, but I always have fun, even if the return home is sad and painful (I live away from big cities) ... I've already shared the stage with people I like a lot, so this is really cool!! I have much 'live' that like to hear / watch, a lot that I did is registered and can be watched here (https://godpussy.blogspot.com/p/live.html).


7.You have also been a part of a decent amount of splits over the years, can you tell us a little bit about about the musical projects you have worked with on these releases?


I've had countless releases of splits and compilations, always maintaining the connection of the noises. I have done a great number of release, I always kept active in relation to this subject. I will not mention names, as I said “countless split releases”, it would be unfair to mention 10 or 20 people / project, I prefer to leave the link and you can check the complete noisegraphy and you will know who was part. (https://godpussy.blogspot.com/p/discografia.html)



8.What are some of the record labels you have worked with over the years?

There have been countless launches, I have no contract or the right destination to launch, I am always open to maintain a good connection and make the noise reach people different from my friendship cycle. Direct the page of the discography listed above and you will discover everyone who did and is part of my work.


9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of harsh noise?


I have seen people who like my work, this is cool and rewarding, I see some good words of encouragement and that make me stay strong. Some people have made good comments about my titles, it makes me more confident not to take just noise, but also address issues that the powerful consider as disposable.


Keeping this flame lit between noise and information is necessary, we are in a bad time for everyone, so there is no reason to turn a blind eye to during that planetary destruction.


10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


Nowhere!


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


the same as always, sometimes I know new things, but I am stuck with the sounds mentioned at the beginning of the interview.


12.Does Occultism play any role in your music?


Nothing!


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoufghts? 


I have to thank you for the space and to everyone who came here, my sincere feelings and gratitude to those who made themselves available to read this content and to those who come across and appreciate my work. I am accomplished and keeping firm in what I started , I try to continue my journey and try to add noise and information through God Pussy!


A small request, look the "latin noise" there are a lot of good people making noises on these sides!


Peace to those who survive in this sick world... Try to evade evil, preserve and do good, always! always!



https://godpussy.blogspot.com

https://godpussy.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/god-pussy

https://twitter.com/GodPussy_Noise

https://www.instagram.com/gp_anti.music

https://www.facebook.com/conceito.dissonante


1 comment: