Monday, November 30, 2020

Kaschade Interview

 

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new album?


Spontaneous. From the base. Example in which you need to wrestle to get the end result. The discipline of composing. Or as jazz musicians say - we get inspiration from everywhere. Like the cycle of nature or the creation of the universe.


2.In October you released a new album, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?


All albums are ambient but with psychedelic addition. Of course experimental. And this new one is mostly electronic. The album is thoroughly done. Step by step. Handwork. It’s an ambient psychedelic album. Traces of jazz music. And too much of experimental space music with dark moods. Is more based on a themes, on a solo, on improvisation, on a point, comma.


3.From 2016 there was no music being released while there was an album released every year from 13 to 16, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?


Yes, there was no music at the time. But in 2017 I work more compositions for "Performance" album. 2018 I started to compose two singles for the "Nightmares" and it was issued in 2019. Besides, in 2018 I make music for a documentary "Surrealisam". It's about a Kaschade music. Also I recorded one song with Danish ambient jazz guitarist Alex Jønsson. 2019 was a year for exploring technique on synthesizer and saxophone. Track "Kim the Vampire" and "Chlorine Punk" was boring. Kim is epic and I need to much time to compose and arrange that. That's it.


4.What are some of the themes and images you bring into the newer music?


I don't want to localize compositions and create worlds near worlds in foggy fantasy. The listener has the full right to walk through the valley of light and to snatch monsters from the womb.


5.On past references you made references to Oscar Wilde, Phillip K. Dick and> Ron Hubbard in the song titles, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in there writings and are there any other authors or writers that have been influential to you?


You noticed. Phenomenal. I like Oscar Wilde and his dandy look. I have wish  I performed that in a huge coat. To have renaissance wig and two long hair Pekingese. One Pekingese in the left under the armpits and other Pekingese   in the right  Pekingese. To be fat and sweaty. In this performance I don’t play. That’s it…Philip K. Dick is good but I like more Ray Bradbury. Also I like Stanisław Lem and Stanislav Grof. Right now I reed Christoph Martin Wieland: History of the Abderites


6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Kaschade'?


Kaschade is a musician who saw a Koala in the bathroom along with Grey alien. Grey alien was wearing a wig and had neon blue water over it. Also, Kaschade is a German surname but it sounds like a marzipan and wild chestnut perfume.


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


It’s a green organism and it fly using outgrowth . Outgrowth like fungal disease. They are mutating little balls  from the plasticine and caught lichen. Many alien organism you can see in Surrealisam and in a upcoming documentary. First i painted according to role models as Leonadro da Vinci and  Rembrandt van Rijn. Than came cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas! from 1966. Grinch, Pink Panther, The Ant and the Aardvark, they improved my drawing. That's it.


8.Have you done any live performances with this solo project?


I have two music visual performance. This epidemic situation interrupted another two performance. I don’t know. I have plane also to promote a music documentary on festivals. But really I feel more happy when I compose a music. Everything is a discography and nothing more.


9.The last few albums have been released by 'Interphone Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?


Performance and this new record is under Interphone Records. Interphone is only record label who registered my albums. Another albums was under records labels in England and Belgium. Interphone Records take care about my albums. And it is possible that they will publish next year my "Nightmares" album on the vinyl.


10.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of experimental, ambient and noise?


This are not popular genres. But this is gift for a superlative above-average listeners. One of this genres are just a little land but for other people. This is a universe.


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


Most musicians are not fans of the issue like I am - what are these role models. I think, I know, the plans are easier. A normal organized person should plan even if everything is unpredictable. Promotion of the album -Nightmares as well as the music documentary - Dreams.


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


I always say what I listen to first. I had role models before, before the first album was released. I always tried to put other people's music aside and start composing in my own way. This is how our own worlds are created.


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


It's important just to be alive and creative. To be a positive person and nothing more. That important.

https://kaschade.bandcamp.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment